Content on this page
- samples from the album
- on it’s way for a long time
- dedicated to the memory of Maud & Svenn
- buy the cd and donate to the cancer society
- listen to samples from the CD
- buy a gift certificate now and get the cd later!
- an ideal gift for those you love
- printed gift certificate? wrapped gift? your choice…
- how to get the cd
1. Verðin undurfull er (What a Wonderful World)
2. Mussa meg (Besame Mucho)
3. Ynski (May Each Day)
4. Nánd (De nære ting)
5. Halt mær til góðar (Rose Garden/I beg your pardon)
6. Lættur í lund
7. Sangur um frælsi (Sång om Frihet)
9. Elska eymligt (Love Me Tender)
10. So fitt sum í gomlum døgum (Så sødt som i gamle dage)
11. Áarvegurin (Streets of London)
12. Mín einasti eini (Du ar den ende)
13. Nu folder jeg hånd og tanke
14. Veraldarendi (The End of the World)
15. Lít allar tínar leiðir
On it’s way for a long time
After having waited for three long years, Elin Brimheim Heinesen & Ad Libitum were, finally, able to release their sought after CD: Yndisløg – Ein ferð aftur í farnar tíðir (in English: Treasured Songs – A Trip Down Memory Lane) in the summer 2010.
The CD oozes nostalgia, romance, pensiveness, a will to life and love for the human kind.
The CD was recorded already, partly in September 2005, and partly in January 2007. The recordings were mostly recorded live sessions in the studio. But the release date was postponed for a long time because they had troubles getting the final rights to publish some of the songs in Faroese.
The release date was, finally, set to: July 12, 2010!
Dedicated to the memory of Maud & Svenn
The CD is dedicated to the memory of the siblings Maud Heinesen and Svenn Brimheim who both died of cancer – Maud in 2005 and Svenn in 2006. The purpose is to honour all victims of this terrible desease. The CD is also a tribute to the past – to the time, when these people were young and healthy – and to the splendid music they gave to our generation.
The songs on the CD are primarily Maud’s And Svenn’s most treasured songs. While they struggled to beat the desease and the whole family gathered to comfort each other, Elin often sang these songs, while Svenn played guitar. One day Elin’s mother said that she thought it was a little strange that nobody had translated these fine evergreens to Faroese before. This remark gave Elin the idea to translate the songs into Faroese.
Buy the cd and donate to the cancer society
It’s possible to order the CD – and thus, make sure that you get a copy or more of the CD.
The plan is to donate money to the Faroese Cancer Society. For each copy sold the Cancer Society will receive 20 DKK to support them in their cause trying to beat cancer and in helping cancer patients and their relatives.
Buy a gift certificate now and get the cd later!
Would you like to give the CD to someone as a gift? Then you have the opportunity to buy a GiftCertificate - and thus make sure that you’ll get one or more copies of the CD sent directly to your address – or to someone elses address of your choice – right after the release date.
The CD will be available for only 169 DKK. OBS! The Faroese Cancer Society will receive 20 DKK for every copy sold.
An ideal gift for those you love
This CD is ideal to give…
- to people you wish to show your love for
- to your parents, other members of your family or, perhaps, friends who can remember these songs from their younger years
- to people who love acoustic unpretentious live music
- to yourself, just because you like the music …
- or to anyone who likes to support the struggle against cancer
Printed gift gertificate? Wrapped gift? Your choice…
You have several options when you fill out the order form. You can, for instance, choose to print out a GiftCertificate, so you have something concrete to give before the CD arrives at it’s destination. Just follow the instructions in the order form.
You can also choose to get the CD’s wrapped in gift paper for a little extra cost.
How to get the CD
Go to TUTL.com or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure that you’ll get one or more copies of the CD: Yndisløg – Ein ferð aftur í farnar tíðir (Treasured Songs – A Trip Down Memory Lane) sent by mail.
A Gift Worth Waiting For!